Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I graduated?


...well, kind-of
...technically
...a fake graduation.

I got my master's a couple of weeks ago, which is cool, but not too exciting since:
a) I still have 2-2.5 years left of grad school
b) I am still making my grad. school stipend
c) my day-to-day life hasn't (and won't) change at all.

However, it was wayyy fun because:
a) My Momma (and her husband) came to visit, which is the 1st time since they moved me in almost 2 years ago.
b) There was a pretty sweet honorary degree recipient :)
c) It was good practice for the real thing!

And now some pics from the day:

Me and Kate before we had to 'parade' to commencement



Fellow Chemistry people getting ready to go!



The only 'artsy' shot of the day. I have no clue who these people are, but I'm grateful that they donated their backsides to my picture :)



My momma, me, and my stepdad Bill
(I really only noticed now that they matched...haha)

You know, one other thing...the actual diploma is ugly. Not like 'oh this could be cuter' but black&white, all in latin (which is actual pretty cool), and completely blah.
I mean, I'm going to get a nice frame for it (thanks to my Aunt Sarah) only because:
a) I'll lose it if I don't frame it
b) I can save the frame for the real one and use my master's as a place holder until then


Is it really June 2? 
It does not feel like summer at all
...but I'm going to fix that TONIGHT by going to Kate's to grill some Brats. Yum, yum, yum!!!

Also, today's post included a lot of lists, I would say that I'm sorry, but I'm not, it's how I roll.


Next post? Cousin K's graduation in North Carolina (and a special honorary recipient there as well!!!!!) 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your pseudo-graduation! You'd think for all you have to pay to go to Yale, they'd be able to get a decent looking diploma. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually have to pay...when you are in grad. school you get a stipend (aka, they pay you) to go!

    ReplyDelete