Friday, May 29, 2009

Lightning Bolt!


LARP, LARPing, LARPer...I really had no clue what these terms meant before last week.

Live
Action
Role
Play(ing)(er)

That's right...now I'm sure we've all heard of people playing Dungeons and Dragons and such, but I hadn't truly appreciated the 'Live Action' part of the whole ordeal until I saw this video (via YouTube):



...watch it again....and again...and again (like I have)

Oh 
My
Goodness
!!!

Now, are there rules to this type of thing? I mean can you just be like --"Invisibility Shield!"--and then just be immune to everything?

According to wikipedia:

A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players.

So, I guess if there are 'pre-determined' rules and outcomes then--"Invisibility Shield!"-- is out of the question.

And so I leave you with this:

"Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm going to use that to win arguments and fights from now on.
    -Lightning Bolt, I win. :)

    ReplyDelete