Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder <3


So, sorry for the long-period-of-no-posting:
I was on vacay in the wonderful state of Ohio (I will do another post on why I was visiting tomorrow)! Specifically, Logan County, Ohio, which lays claim to my hometown which is actually a village, the village of  West Liberty (population = 1738 [as of July 2007]).
Let me just say that, I LOOOOVEEE my hometown, our relationship has never faltered, ever.

Why is West Liberty such an amazing homevillage?

1) 1st and foremost, Marie's Candies. Best Candy Ever.
(and my sister has worked there for ~9 years)











www.mariescandies.com
Go there, check it out. Some of my favorites include peanutbutter fancies, dutch treats, chocolate-covered rice krispy treats, and chocolate-covered strawberries.






That is my sister in the middle, some hard candy (I think) making on the left, and yummy chocolate covered oreos on the right.

2) The LGP (Liberty Gathering Place)
A hometown farmers diner with hearty meals for local people. 
I worked here for 8 years, yes yes that is right 8 years. I started when I was a freshman in highschool and then worked some weekends throughout college. 



They serve a mean hamloaf, tenderloin sandwich (grilled or fried) and some of the best homefries you've ever had!

I would have to say the rest of my list would go something like this:

3) West Liberty-Salem highschool, home of the tigers, my graduating class = 70ish. It is literally in the middle of a cornfield, and you know EVERYONE'S business which can be bad, but sometimes very, very juicy!

4) The Ice Cream Parlor, literally, that is its name! And...it was my first job the summer before my freshman year of highschool at the ripe age of 14 and a half (I had to get a work permit). I don't think I have ever eaten so much ice cream, but it was good because I discovered some flavors that I probably wouldn't have liked/tried other wise such as Butter Pecan (which is what ALL OF THE OLD PEOPLE CHOSE) and Blueberry cheesecake wafflecone. My all time favorite though  was (and still is) Peanut butter cup!!!

5) and 6) The Ohio Caverns and Piatt Castles. They are landmarks just outside of town (still within West Liberty limits however). I haven't been to either of them in a very, very long time, but 2 of my BEST BEST BEST friends live within half a mile of the castles and so whenever I'm home I get to drive by.




I think that is my 'Top 6' places to see in West Liberty (with an alternate being the former Tastee-Freeze now called Good-Eats 'N Treats).
Oh West Liberty, how I would like to grow old within your city limits, but alas, there is no need for a chemist within Logan County, therefore I will rely on my family and friends to STAY-PUT so I can always visit.
Home definitely is where the heart is!

:)

In other news.
ALL OF MY SHOWS HAVE ENDED FOR THE SEASON AND I'M FREAKING OUT (whew, glad I got that one out). Literally though, what is there to watch?!? 
Today is Wednesday which normally means LOST, LOST, LOST, but NOOoooOOO,  no LOST tonight :(

Good thing reality summer programming is setting in this week:

The Bachelorette (That Jillian, she sure is cute...but what is with all the weirdos? I mean seriously a break-dance instructor and a guy with a wee bit of a foot fetish?!?

So You Think You Can Dance premieres THIS WEEK!!!! I looove this show, however, multiple nights of programming a week  is not conducive to Laura getting to watch all of it (HINT HINT Fox, put it online!)
...and a show that is always good for a laugh: WipeOut, yes yes, it can be ridiculously stupid, but it is so funny and I almost pee my pants watching it, almost

I think that is all!
Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. That castle is awesome. . . and do you think your sister can send me some candy??

    ReplyDelete