Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New arrivals...really?


Inspired by Rachel's post on geezer trends for teens, I decided to share some fabulous* finds from payless.com


Ok, I know the whole gladiator look is in, but really Gladiator + 2nd grade easter shoes do not a fine pair make!


Polka dots? Awesome! Polka dots and Platform? Alliteration is not always your friend...and neither are these shoes.




I feel like this shoe is the rejected parts from other shoes. A braided band here, a striped cuff there, mix in cross straps and a stiletto and you get this terribly ugly, do not even think about wearing after or before labor day, horror of a shoe.


I feel like this shoe is what a peep-toe/kitten heel/nurse shoe would look like and I don't think they will be making an appearance in your local hospital anytime soon (or ever).


So what's up with the patent white leather-ish shoes? Am I totally missing something here?!?
 
I have nothing against Payless, I definitely enjoy the occasional trip, and its probably good it is occasional because I always walk away with something, including the time I bought 2 pairs of the exact same shoes in 2 different colors for $4 each...

*Fabulous: Fab-u-lous |ˈfabyələs| -- adjective, extraordinary, amazingly good.  A word that should NEVER be used to describe the shoes featured above. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! Good fashion detective work. I especially like the platform polka-dots. :)
    You made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete