Thursday, May 21, 2009

Star Trek



So I know I promised a post on the
why I was visiting Ohio, but I just had to say that while I was home, I had the immense pleasure of seeing the new Star Trek movie with two of my very best friends.

I.
LOVED.
IT.

J.J. Abrams, you continue to do right by me. I am by no means a trekkie (I did however used to watch Next Generation religiously) and you don't have to be to enjoy this movie. Sci-Fi, action, romance, good looking actors...it's all there.

Wow, when Leonard Nemoy appeared my little heart almost burst with joy. There is even a little chemistry in the beginning during the Vulcan school-session-thingy (I'm sure that is the correct title of it too).

...and can we talk about Chris Pine for a second? Ooh baby, he is good looking, he could save me from the Romulans anytime. 


[*Disclaimer*]: I LOVE movies. I love to go to the movies, I love to watch movies at home, I just flat out love movies, old ones, new ones, bad ones....you name it. If I haven't heard that its awful, chances are I'll be down for seeing it. My opinion on them probably isn't the greatest. I don't have any great insight into the character development or internal struggles or such, but man I sure do love to watch them.



2 comments:

  1. Okay, I should probably go with Chris - he's wanting to but I didn't. I love TNG, but I HATE the original series, so I figured I wouldn't be able to get into the characters.

    But Chris might just get lucky now. . .because of you.

    err. . . in the movie sense, that is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spinning my wife on the Star Trek movie. The check is in the mail! It made for a great date!

    ReplyDelete