Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Bits O'Crazy-ness


You know those posts that are totally cohesive and have a good general theme? 

....This isn't one of them! This is going random facts with some pictures interspersed of the past week. 

Let's start in reverse order:
1) Monday 6/15/09: I hang out with Kate and aah every Monday to watch Gossip Girl, however since the season has come to a close, the Bachelorette has filled the void. I don't know what you think, but for me watching the Bachelorette with these girls is a lot better than watching it by myself while yelling at the TV and the crazy foot-fetish-break-dance-instructor 'eligible' bachelors. However, this Monday was a particular treat because I got to meet Leonard Hamster for the first time:

Here he is on his little wheel...being absolutely adorable. I have to admit, I don't think I have ever actually met a hamster before and was pleasantly surprised to learn that he is nocturnal and that he has a very short memory. He would got to do a little walk-around, scope out his food, exercise routine, and then repeat. repeat. repeat. 

2) 6/16-6/20: B-O-R-I-N-G week. Nothing really happened, except rain. Rain happened. A lot of rain. (which led to the buying of the yam orange rain coat). 

Obviously SYTYCD was in there and I have to make a confession: I don't watch the results show. I REALLY enjoy the performances but couldn't care less about who gets kicked off...yet...I'm sure some of the dancers will grow on me.

On Wednesday I woke up, sneezed twice (fine, normal) and then sneezed again and my whole upper back froze up. I was like WTF? I had no clue what happened and was thankful that I could continue to breathe and would not be needing to call 911 because I had a punctured lung...and then I felt silly. Who injures her/himself while sneezing? So, I googled it and apparently it is more popular than one would imagine. Case in point: Sammy Sosa. If an MLB star can do it (and admit to it), then I guess it can happen to common folk like me as well. 

I have also started running in hopes of actually competing in a race (obviously this would be a race against myself and not a real competition). Right now there is no way you could call it 'running' more of a 'walk-jog' type of thing. I have done it consistently though and am planning my 1st 5k (in which I'm sure all of the power walking grandmas will beat me). I hope I stick with it. I think once you blog about it, its written in stone. Don't fret, I'll keep you informed of my progress....

3) 6/21/09: Driving range! This is my 2nd adventure to a driving range in the past 2 weeks and I have to say that I am awful. I've gotten two blisters (one from each excursion). The first time it was on my right hand, which everybody said was ok, b/c I'm a southpaw and that's where it was supposed to be. Yesterday however, I got a blister on my left pointer-finger. How does that happen?!? I have to say though, I got into the groove at the end and didn't swing-and-miss every shot. :) [real progress here people, real progress]

4) 6/22/09: After my morning exercise and shower I was getting ready to head out the door to come to school. I was about to get my lunch out of the refrigerator and then stopped dead in my tracks because I was terrified. This is what I saw:


Scary, right? At first I though he was inside my window and then thought "OMG, how do I get a squirrel out of my apt. without getting rabies?". Then I realized he had wedged himself between the screen and the window of the open skylight. 

I yelled at him and snapped my fingers and then he scurried away (sounds like a magic spell doesn't it?).  

Needless to say I managed to snap a few pics of the invader before I yell-snapped. I particularly like the shot above because either a) his tongue is out or b) his mouth is open. Either way he brought a little bit of un-welcomed excitement (but great material for blogging) to my morning.

...and with that, I am done!

Off for another round of The Bachelorette with the girls!





4 comments:

  1. Love the rabid squirrel picture. Having been to your sweet apartment, I can see exactly how this whole rabid squirrel in the skylight catastrophe happened. I'm glad the yell-snap thing worked, and I hope you don't get skylight squirrel babies or rabies or scabies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That squirrel is awesome! I will have to take you to the driving range next time!

    PS-I'm reading your blog on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is hard for Leonard Hamster. There are only so many hours in the day to take care of all the running and sleeping he has to do.

    ReplyDelete