Monday, June 8, 2009

An Etsy Interruption

Oh Etsy.
How did it take me until June 4th, 2009 to peruse your charming online marketplace full of homemade and vintage goods???

I mean, I had 'kind of' heard of Etsy before, but never gave it much thought...until 3 days ago!!!
I bought two (2) wayyy cute headbands featured here and here

It was a bit overwhelming, but if you know what you are looking for, then you are in luck for sure!

I am thinking it would be perfect for a bride-to-be (which would be approximately 0 of my current readers).

And...I think a certain Art teacher-best friend-whose-name-will-be-spelled-out-if-needed, should consider setting up an Etsy shop of her own. (Hint Hint!!!)

The Artist in question (and me!) circa 2007

So what can someone buy/sell on Etsy?
Art
Accessories
Bags & Purses
Clothing
Jewelry (<-- Wayyy awesome!)
Knitting
Paper goods
Patterns
Quilts
...and so much more!






3 comments:

  1. I love Etsy too - they have the BEST hairbows ever - I can't buy ones locally that are nearly as cute and un-80's-poofy as the ones on Etsy. They would look great on your niece!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i gotta be honest-- i already knew about etsy and i can't believe i never told you about it!! sorry! i have been contemplating a shop... maybe someday! LOVE that i got a special mention though!;) <3

    ReplyDelete